Monday, September 30, 2013

Knitting in the Woods

Well it is THAT time of year. I mean the time when life begins to get crazy. Or crazier. With the adoption of an eyass goshawk this summer I have not had the usual break from Haas activities.
From mid-August until the bunnies become pregnant in the spring we are all things hunting. Hunting speed goats, deer, bugle boys, whatever either hawk will fly down, and this is what we do EVERY weekend. I think obsessed is still too modest of a word to describe what happens 9 months of the year. Could you compare it to being pregnant with morning sickness all nine months with no end result? Probably.
So for the week that I was in lovely Wolcott, CO hunting them things with antlers, some with sharp teeth and claws, and waiting for the news that one of these creatures met its unfortunate end headed to my freezer, I found time to knit. Actually, that's really all I did. I managed to start and finish two projects, work on a sweater WIP, and begin two lovely patterns from my new favorite book, ISLAND.
Here's what I accomplished:
 
 
 
 
 
 
You can see all the details of each project by clicking on the photo. It will take you to my Ravelry page

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.