Tuesday, June 12, 2012

New Passion!!!

After thinking about this for a while now I've decided I have found a new passion. I say I had to think about it only because I think a passion is something that deeply affects you. It changes who you are, what you want to be, and what occupies your mind.

I've picked up knitting in the last year after having known how to crochet for at least 20 years. I didn't start small either. I started with a hat, knit in the round, with several different stitches in it. I thought, "How hard can this be? If I'm going to learn I may as well learn as much as possible from the beginning." I don't start out small with anything.

After knitting this hat I became hooked. I've had a project (or three) on needles ever since. I've begun to explore LYS and stray away from the big chain stores. I attended an Ann Budd sock class 3 hours away. I'm diving for the first time into the deep end.

There's this little building in my town that is for sale. It's cute. It's white, old, with a white fence around it and right off the main highway. So what? Well, all that is going through my mind is that it would make the perfect yarn store! Modeled off of my favorite store in Buena Vista, I'm dreaming of all the yarns I would carry, the scrapbook paper, the needles, fun little notebooks, knitting/crocheting books, lotions, and all sorts of other gifts. I woke my husband up in the middle of the night and asked him if he would buy it for me.

I realize my town is so small it may never make it but I do continue to dream. I homeschool my son and am only beginning second grade this fall so I have many more years to go before I can think about committing my time to anything outside my home. But like I said, "I have a new passion!" This won't go away, I believe I am in a very committed relationship with this passion and maybe in twelve years I can see this dream become a reality. Until then I have so many more aspects of knitting to explore.

Did I mention I also have a passion for learning? ;o)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.